2020 NMSHP Virtual Fall Symposium
October 17th and 18th
Each Day From 8:00 AM—3:30 PM
Our Annual Symposium will provide pharmacists and technicians with the desired and required pharmacy continuing education credits to remain up to date on current topics, clinical practice, etc., which will ensure competencies are met and all licensure requirements are satisfied. We are providing ACPE accredited continuing education for pharmacists that will enhance practices, which will include guideline updates, policy updates, and practice changes. Our educational sessions will deliver these advancements with regard to the identified knowledge and gaps for pharmacists and technicians. Our educational sessions will assist pharmacists and technicians in providing relevant continuing education opportunities that will meet the standards of licensure for Board of Pharmacy, PTCB, and EXCPT requirements.
Educational Sessions Include:
· Leadership in Healthcare: What you must know about building trusting teams?
· Clinical Pearls Traditional Residents
· Clinical Pearls Non-Traditional Residents
· Pharmacist Billing 101 in New Mexico
· Counterfeit Medicines, Criminal Cases and State and Federal Policies
· 2020 New Mexico Board of Pharmacy Law Update
· Alternative Routes of Medication Administration
· What’s New with Hepatitis C?
· Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH): Emerging Therapies
· Here comes the DOACs: Current and Future Management of Pediatric Venous Thromboembolism
· Methanol Hand Sanitizer Poisonings During COVID-19
· Balancing Pain Management and Patient Safety
· PrEP—Clinical Pharmacy’s Role in Expanding Accessibility to PrEP
New Mexico Society of Health-System Pharmacists (NMSHP)
Please email Christopher Gallegos with any questions at Executivedirector@nmshp.org.